Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Count the Times I Write "Awesome" in this Entry!

I spent Sunday lugging my way up to Georgia Ave. Thrift Store and came away with an awesome trench dress for the more awesome price of $9.95 !

Not so awesome: wearing it in this weather. It’s a heavier fabric and I knew I had made a mistake the moment I stepped outside this morning. It only took me a bus ride to get to the point where I felt I desperately needed a shower.

On the other hand: I look AWESOME. It’s this tan/khaki color that would have been great with my red peep-toe pumps (I embrace my tall-ness and wear ridiculous shoes despite being almost 5’ 11”) but I didn’t think that would have been the most professional of combinations. So I settled with my cute new brown, oxford-esque pumps. And I still look pretty damn good. I feel very classic, very Mad Men. Hand me some red lipstick, a dab of Chanel, and I’m ready to take over the world!

I digress. DC is freakin’ disgusting right now. I vehemently do not approve. It is weather that makes me want to turn up the air-conditioning and sit inside watching TV and IMing. Weight is gained in this type of weather!

I can only pray that it rains and we get some relief. I hate humidity. I am such a spoiled desert girl that I feel like I have no reason to tolerate it.

No comments: