Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday's Confessional

Secrets on Thursday:

This may not be an actual secret since most of my friends would agree if you asked them: I love, love, love children’s television. This goes past just the classic Disney movies, the retro Nickelodeon that it’s cool to like: PBS kids, the Disney channel, I watch it all. And if you asked me what my absolute favorite shows are, they tend to be those for preschoolers: Arthur is AWESOME, and I don’t know if this one is still on but I loved PB&J on Playhouse Disney, and I will stop on Charlie and Lola if it’s on.

It’s not that I am incapable of watching “serious” television (although it’s still pretty silly overall): the West Wing, History Channel documentaries, all that. I just find children’s television somehow less…pretentious. I mean, okay, Spongebob is horrendous. But Arthur is hilarious. And Charlie and Lola has great voices. There’s something a little bit more genuine about these shows.

Arthur:


PB&J:


Charlie and Lola:


Oh, and this is a true secret: I LOVE the Barbie movies. They are my crappy day, comfort movies.



Alrighty, spill your Thursday secret.

No comments: